Welcome to XI International Summer School on Geometry, Mechanics and Control organised by the Geometry, Mechanics and Control (GMC) Network.
The eleventh edition of the International Summer School on Geometry, Mechanics and Control will be held at ICMAT in Madrid, Spain, in June 26-30, 2017 (New location!).
The school is oriented to young researchers, Ph.D. and postdoctoral students in Mathematics, Physics and Engineering, in particular those interested in focusing their research on geometric control and its applications to mechanical and electrical systems, and optimal control. It is intended to present an up-to-date view of some fundamental issues in these topics and bring to the participants attention some open problems, in particular problems related to applications. This year the courses will be delivered by:
- Franco Magri, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy.
Peter Olver, University of Minnesota, USA.
- Cesare Tronci, University of Surrey, UK.
This School is an activity within the ICMAT Severo Ochoa Excellence Program.
- Application for scholarship no later than April 30, 2017.
- Abstract submission for short talks/posters no later than April 30, 2017.
- Registration no later than May 15, 2017.
- Accommodation no later than May 15, 2017.
Please send your abstract to 11gmcschoolicmat.es
NEW!! Please fill in this form to register to the Summer School.
The standard registration fee for participants is 200 Euros.
The fee for students, postdocs and retired scientists is 100 Euros.
A limited number of scholarships for PhD students, advanced undergraduate students, and post-docs, will be provided by the organizers in order to partially cover the travel and/or lodging expenses.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, please send your CV including names for recommendation letters (and a transcript in case you are an undegraduate student) to 10gmcschoolicmat.es, no later than April 30, 2017.
We plan to book some rooms in La Residencia ERASMO on campus, where the conference venue is located.
This information will be available SOON.
- María Barbero Liñán (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid-ICMAT, Spain)
- David Iglesias Ponte (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- David Martín de Diego (Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (CSIC-UAM-UC3M-UCM), Spain)
- Edith Padrón (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- Anthony Bloch (University of Michigan, USA)
- Jair Koiller (Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brazil)
- Manuel de León (Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (CSIC-UAM-UC3M-UCM), Spain)
- Juan Carlos Marrero (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- Eduardo Martínez (Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain)
- Miguel Muñoz Lecanda (Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña, Spain)
How to get here:
The information is available in this link.